Monday, April 4, 2011

Well Hello blogging world. It was an eventful weekend. Well not really, but still kinda was at the same time. It was conference weekend which is always fun, but unfortunately I didnt get to see as much of it as I had hoped. It all started last summer...(Insert waving daydream lines like you see in scooby doo) I was interning at a company named ESG last summer. I started to develop this pain in my back. This slight pain turned into a major pain, (no not Damon Wayans, that's "Major Payne") this pain became debilitating. Turns out I have a degenerative disc in my back. after several MRI's and X-rays they determined that the only route we could go was PT to slow it down. So I did it, I got better, end of story. before I finished my Internship and headed back to Idaho, The doc told me that It would probably come back and I would be miserable for a little while. (wavy lines to exit daydream).
This weekend I missed the first session of Conference due to having to work that morning. As I was working I was doing something and I felt an very familiar pop in my back and sudden pain. It was fine, until later that night I was getting dressed for Priesthood and my legs gave out and I collapsed in pain. Sleep didn't bring relief, niether did LOTS and LOTS of Ibuprofen. By the next morning I had become all but completely crippled. When I fell Kara had to help me back up. I could turn, couldnt sit up, couldnt hardly stand under my own power. Needless to say this landed me back in the ER sunday morning. What a way to spend your conference sunday. Fortunately I got a good nurse, a good TV to watch conference (cough cough and the patriot) a good x ray tech and a not so caring doc. Well, two shots in the back and two bottles of pills later, Im feeling much better. They think all of what happened was one of my discs started to swell, putting pressure on my spinal cord, explaining the short bouts of paralysis and extreme pain.
So thank you to my wonderful wife who took such good care of me this weekend. She really deserves a medal for all that she does for me. So next time you see a guy wandering the halls of BYU-I with a limp and a bracing himself against the wall, don't offer to help, I'm as crabby as an old man about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment