Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Angry Birds and Human Resources...
So, I'm not a gamer, not by any means. While I've been in college I have been roommates with quite a few wizards, so I mean I can speak intelligently on the subject. Although, even as lame as this sounds, I do have to say that recently I have become somewhat addicted to the game Angry Birds. I find myself having a hard time sleeping, so what do I do? Roll over and play Angry Birds. It's kinda ridiculous actually. So what, right? Why am I talking about this? Well, the Human Resources Director for the Hospital walked into our office the other day and started talking about this company picnic she was trying to put together for July. She talked about these crazy activities they had come up with and said that they were trying to do something like Angry Birds. You have to understand that the HR Director has this really thick British accent so it came out sounding more like "Ahngry Bairds," but that's neither here nor there. But by the mention of a real life Angry Birds made me stop pretending to be too busy to be involved in the conversation and suddenly found myself blurting out, "...I CAN DO IT!" Oh crap, what did I just get myself into. So there i was, I had just volunteered myself for a project I really knew nothing about. I had enough on my desk to last me until my hair turned grey, what was I thinking?! Oh well, turns out to be more fun than I thought, she wanted me to make a giant size version of the Pigs that are on the game. These things will be about 4 feet tall, and they have constructed this balloon launching type apparatus to launch these big rubber chickens out of. This big pig thing will be plastered to the front of a piece of plywood cut out to the same shape mounted on a spring which is in turn mounted on a four-way stand, similar to construction signs that are allowed to flex in the wind without falling over. Anywho...I made this thing from scratch in illustrator, give me some feedback....look like the real thing?

No comments:
Post a Comment